Monday, March 05, 2007

Fasting Jack Bauer

I don't have a lot of time to get into it, but fasting is something the church in general doesn't talk about much. The power in it is extraordinary, though. The thing is, it doesn't always have to be food. I have a lot of trouble fasting food. I can do it for short periods of time and if I know ahead of time it's going to happen I pray about it a lot for God to help me. When I fast food I generally become irritable and about as un-Godly as I'll ever be. Not a good idea this week. I need to be focused and prepared for Wednesday night, and I don't think being mad is the way to accomplish that.

However, I'm going to be fasting TV and video games (yes, I love playing video games, get over it) for the next three days. I'm believing for something really special on Wednesday night. Whether we have 2 people show up or 200, I want to say I did everything in my power to make it happen and whoever is there it is truly God's will.

Yes, that means I'll be missing 24. No, I don't own a Tivo. Yes, I will be paying $2.00 to download it off iTunes so I can watch it as soon as we get home Wednesday night.

Be praying that God brings it Wednesday night, and heck, feel free to fast if you want.

No comments: