Thursday, March 15, 2007

The catch up post

Besides the being sick thing (which is why I haven't blogged in a few days), we've got so much going over the next few days, it's not even funny.

The business is really picking up. Tomorrow I'm shooting bridal photos for my new sister-in-law. Saturday we have the work day for the children's church and Sunday I'm preaching. That's a lot for four days with a sick body.

Speaking of Saturday. We need your help. Whether you think you can contribute or not, please be there. This few hours of work is going to help bring kids to Christ and there isn't anything else on your schedule more important than that.

Sunday: GET PEOPLE HERE. Don't invite your church friends. Invite people you know that don't know Jesus. I'll be doing an incredibly practical message for our daily lives and how to walk with Christ. If you know someone that needs it, invite them. Most people are one invite away from accepting Christ. Everyone I talk to that doesn't go to church acknowledges that they need to. Invite, invite, invite.

We had our first pastors meeting last night. It was great. We all sat down and presented vision for our areas. Everyone had great input for each others areas. I was really stretched in the area of our youth. I want something great for them and I see everyone else does too. We've got a growing group 12-year-olds coming up who are going to be a good basis for a youth group. I appreciate Pastor James reminding me of that fact. Ministry is hard. If you ever want to know that, just sit in on a meeting with leaders discussing vision. It's hard. But it's worth every minute of it.

Send up a prayer for the guys at Newspring. Today is their Unleash Conference. I can't wait until I have the time/money to travel to some of these things. They did let me know that they are working on producing CDs/DVDs of the conference for anyone interested. I'll keep you updated on those.

No comments: